Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mother

"Hema, have your coffee", "Hema, I have prepared rice flour adai for you" - am still hearing this voice everyday. If I sit and think now, I feel that I have taken my mom for granted. No doubt I have helped my mom in her daily chores but I feel that I could have made her happier in several other ways. However, no looking back now and is of no help! Undoubtedly, I miss my mom.

I could have learnt so much from my mom.... She was a great cook, a good singer, good in tailoring, good in Indian history and Hindu mythological stories. I didnt try to learn any of these things completely, thinking that she would be of help whenever I require! Nonetheless, I learned now that 'Today is the permanent thing in life'. Yesterday is just a memory and future is uncertain. But the cost I paid to understand this is so huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment